Wellbutrin SR (Generic)
Wellbutrin SR (Bupropion) Description
Wellbutrin SR is a sustained-release type of the medication Wellbutrin. It consists of Bupropion as an main component. Bupropion is a medication mainly used as an antidepressant of the aminoketone class of medications and smoking cigarettes cessation help. It is recommended to deal with significant depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder. It may improve your mood and feelings of wellness. This drug is an efficient antidepressant by itself, however is likewise prescribed as an additioonal medication in cases of insufficient reaction to first-line selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors medications. It may work by helping to bring back the natural level of neurotransmitters in your brain. Bupropion is available for oral administration as 100 milligram 150 milligram (purpule) and 200 milligram film-coated tablets containg matching ammount of active ingridient. Take this medication by mouth, with or without food, typically 3 times daily. The most essential negative effects is a boost in risk for epileptic seizures, which triggered the medication to be withdrawn from the market for some time and after that led to the advised dose to be minimized. To decrease the risk of seizure, increase the dosage gradually. Never take more than 150 mg as a single dose, and more than 450 milligrams per day.
Wellbutrin SR Purchase
Always keep in mind to consult your physician initially even if you have already check out the direction cautiously and you are sure this drug will finally comfort you.
Generic Wellbutrin SR is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, or NDRI for short. NDRIs affect specific chemicals within the brain known as norepinephrine and dopamine. The active ingredient, bupropion The FDA approved bupropion in December 1985.
Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Too much of this medicine can increase your risk of a seizure.
Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole.
Most patients taking Generic Wellbutrin SR rarely report any side effects. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the most common side effects include:
- Dry mouth (see Wellbutrin SR and Dry Mouth)
- Weight loss (see Wellbutrin SR and Weight Loss)
- Insomnia (see Wellbutrin SR and Insomnia)
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
Antidepressants may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or actions in children, teenagers, and young adults. However, depression and certain other mental problems may also increase the risk of suicide. Talk with the patient's doctor to be sure that the benefits of using Generic Wellbutrin SR Sustained-Release Tablets outweigh the risks.
Do NOT take Generic Wellbutrin SR if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in Generic Wellbutrin SR or bupropion
- You are taking any other medicine that contains bupropion
- You have a history of an eating disorder (e.g. anorexia, bulimia) or seizures (e.g. epilepsy)
- You are suddenly stopping the use of alcohol or sedatives (e.g. benzodiazepines) after long-term use
- You are taking or have taken linezolid or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g. phenelzine) within the last 14 days
You should talk with your doctor prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Seizures or epilepsy (see Wellbutrin Seizures)
- A brain tumor
- A history of head trauma or brain injury
- Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) or a family history of bipolar disorder
- Heart disease
- A recent history of a heart attack
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives
Also, let your doctor know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly
Always alert your doctor of any medications you are currently taking, both prescription and non-prescription, or any dietary supplements. Generic Wellbutrin SR may interact with the following medicines:
- Other antidepressants
- Amantadine (Symmetrel®)
- Antipsychotic medications (used to treat hallucinations orschizophrenia)
- Beta blockers, such as: Atenolol (Tenormin®), Bisoprolol (Zebeta®), Carvedilol (Coreg®, Coreg CR®), Labetalol (Trandate®), Metoprolol (Lopressor®, Toprol XL®), Nadolol (Corgard®), Propranolol (Inderal®), Sotalol (Betapace®), Timolol (Blocadren)
- Certain arrhythmia medications, including propafenone(Rythmol®) and flecainide (Tambocor®)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix®)
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan®)
- Doxorubicin (Adriamycin®, Doxil®)
- Efavirenz (Sustiva®)
- Levodopa (Parcopa®, Sinemet®, Sinemet CR®,Stalevo®)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), including: Isocarboxazid (Marplan®), Phenelzine (Nardil®), Rasagiline (Azilect®), Selegiline (Eldepryl®, Emsam®, Zelapar®), Tranylcypromine (Parnate®)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept®)
- Nicotine patches (NicoDerm CQ®)
- Orphenadrine (Norflex®)
- Ritonavir (Norvir®) or lopinavir and ritonavir (Kaletra®)
- Steroids, such as prednisone or methylprednisolone (Medrol®)
- Tamoxifen (Nolvadex®)
- Ticlopidine (Ticlid®)
This list does not include all possible drug interactions. Consult your doctor for all possible interactions.
If you missed a dose of the Generic Wellbutrin sustained-release, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Store Generic Wellbutrin SR Sustained-Release Tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C), in a tight, light-resistant container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Wellbutrin SR Sustained-Release Tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.