What should I know about Inderal (Propranolol)
Propranolol, sold under the brand name Inderal among others, is a drug of the beta blocker kind. This medicine functions by blocking the activity of particular native chemicals in your body (such as epinephrine) that influence the heart and also capillary. This results in a reducing of heart rate, high blood pressure, and also stress on the heart. Take Propranolol precisely as recommended by your medical professional. Grownups may take Inderal (Propranolol) with or without a meal, but take it similarly each time. Take this medicine at the very same time daily.Never crush, chew, break, or open up an ER pill. Take it entire. Your blood pressure will certainly have to be inspected regularly. Get urgent clinical aid if you have any of these signs of an allergic response: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your throat, lips, face, or tongue. You need to call your medical professional promptly in case you have a severe negative effects including: quick, slow-moving, or uneven heartbeats; sensation light-headed, fainting; sensation short of breath, despite having moderate exertion; swelling of your ankle joints or feet; queasiness, top stomach discomfort, itching, loss of hunger, dark urine, clay-colored feces, jaundice.
You can painlessly order Inderal (Propranolol) on-line by utilizing our online pharmacy solution. However you should take your therapy very seriously. When you have one of conditions above, go to medical professional before buying Inderal. Take this medicine just as prescribed by a specialist.
Generic Inderal is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (chest pain, usually caused by lack of oxygen to the heart due to clogged arteries), changes in heart rhythm, prevention of migraine headache, hereditary tremors, hypertrophic subaortic stenosis (a condition related to exertional angina), and tumors of the adrenal gland. It is also used to reduce the risk of death from recurring heart attack.
Take Generic Inderal exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
You may take Generic Inderal with or without food, but take it the same way each time.
Take the medicine at the same time each day.
Do not crush, chew, break, or open an extended-release Generic Inderal capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Inderal: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, slow, or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- cold feeling in your hands and feet;
- depression, confusion, hallucinations; or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious Inderal side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, stomach cramps;
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- tired feeling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your blood levels of Generic Inderal.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
You should not use Generic Inderal if you are allergic to propranolol, if you have asthma, a slow heart rate, or a serious heart condition such as "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker).
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- clonidine (Catapres);
- digitalis (digoxin, Lanoxin);
- dobutamine (Dobutrex);
- haloperidol (Haldol);
- isoproterenol (Isuprel);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip, Limbitrol), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), imipramine (Janimine, Tofranil), and others;
- an MAO inhibitor such as furazolidone (Furoxone), isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or tranylcypromine (Parnate);
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others;
- doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), terazosin (Hytrin);
- heart or blood pressure medicine such as amlodipine (Norvasc, Caduet, Exforge, Lotrel, Tekamlo, Tribenzor, Twynsta, Amturnide), diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), reserpine (Serpasil), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others;
- amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), propafenone (Rythmol), quinidine (Quin-G); or
- an ACE inhibitor such as benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), fosinopril (Monopril), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), or trandolapril (Mavik).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Inderal.
If you miss a dose of Generic Inderal, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Generic Inderal between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Generic Inderal out of the reach of children and away from pets.