Gemfibrozil is the common name for an oral medication Lopid prescribed to lower lipidlevels. Lopid belongs to a group of medicines understood as "fibrates." This drug acts by decreasing the quantity of fat generated by the liver. Decreasing triglycerides in individuals with really high triglyceride blood levels might likewise decrease the risk of pancreatic illness (pancreatitis). However, Gemfibrozil might not reduce your danger of a cardiac arrest or stroke. Talk with your medical professional concerning the risk and advantages of active compound. Gemfibrozil is generally taken twice daily, Thirty Minutes prior to breakfast and also supper. Lopid is just component of a therapy program that may also include diet regimen, workout, and also weight control. You must follow your medical professional's guidelines really carefully. While using Lopid, you may require frequent blood examinations to inspect your liver function. Your kidney function could additionally should be evaluated. Severe side impact include: pain in your upper tummy (particularly after consuming); jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes); obscured vision, eye discomfort, or seeing halos around lights; inexplicable muscular tissue pain, tenderness, or fragility particularly if you likewise have high temperature, unusual tiredness, and dark tinted; discomfort or burning when you pee.
Buying Gemfibrozil with our drug store service is quick and also very easy. However you must take your treatment very seriously. Prior to purchasing Lopid, medical assessment is needed. In order to prevent unfavorable impacts, never ever do self-medication.
Generic Lopid is prescribed, along with a special diet, for treatment of people with very high levels of serum triglycerides who are at risk of developing pancreatitis and who do not respond adequately to a strict diet. This drug can also be used to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in people who have failed to respond to weight loss, diet, exercise, and other triglyceride- or cholesterol-lowering drugs.
Generic Lopid comes as a tablet to take by mouth. Take this medication 30 minutes before the morning and evening meal. Take Generic Lopid at around the same times every day. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Generic Lopid controls high cholesterol and triglycerides but does not cure them. Continue to take Gemfibrozil even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Gemfibrozil without talking to your doctor.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- sharp pain in your upper stomach (especially after eating);
- jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes);
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, unusual tiredness, and dark colored urine; or
- pale skin, easy bruising, unusual bleeding, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating, purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin.
Less serious side effects may include:
- upset stomach;
- mild stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness;
- mild joint or muscle pain;
- loss of interest in sex, impotence, difficulty having an orgasm;
- numbness or tingly feeling; or
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Generic Lopid will not be as effective in lowering your cholesterol if you do not follow a cholesterol-lowering diet plan.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may interfere with your treatment.
If you are also taking cholestyramine (Questran), colestipol (Colestid), colesevelam (Welchol), avoid taking any of these medicines within 2 hours before or after you take gemfibrozil.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- insulin or diabetes medication you take by mouth; or
- another cholesterol-lowering drug such as atorvastatin (Lipitor, Caduet), fluvastatin (Lescol), lovastatin (Mevacor, Altoprev, Advicor), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor), or simvastatin (Zocor, Simcor, Vytorin).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Lopid.
Store Generic Lopid at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Gemfibrozil out of the reach of children and away from pets.