Hyzaar Losartan Potassium Overwiew
Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ or HCT) offered under the brand name Hyzaar is a diuretic medication on a regular basis made use of to cure hypertension as well as swelling as a result of fluid develop. Hydrochlorothiazide comes from a set of medicines understood as diuretics or "water pills." Hyzaar Losartan Potassium works by causing you to make a little more pee. This assists your body eliminate additional salt as well as water. It likewise minimizes additional liquid in the body (edema) caused by problems such as cardiac arrest, liver condition, or kidney disease. This could reduce signs such as shortness of breath or swelling in your ankles or feet. You should take HCTZ specifically as suggested by your medical professional. Your medical professional may occasionally alter your dosage to make certain you obtain the very best outcomes. Your high blood pressure will certainly have to be checked on a regular basis. Visit your physician on a regular basis. Your blood as well as urine could both be tested if you have actually been retching or are dried out. Request emergency clinical help in case you have any kind of indications of seriours allergies like hives; problem breathing; extreme tummy pain; tumefaction of your lips, face, tongue, or throat. Call your medical professional at once if you have a serious side effect including: eye pain, vision issues; high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscular tissue faintness, tingly sensation); dry mouth, thirst, nausea or vomiting; low potassium (confusion, unequal heart rate, severe thirst, enhanced peeing, leg discomfort, muscular tissue faintness or limp sensation).
How to order Hyzaar Losartan Potassium
Everybody may quickly order Hyzaar Losartan Potassium online by using our internet healthcare solution. At the same time you must take your health very carefully. Go to physician before buying Hyzaar Losartan Potassium when you have one of conditions. Take this medication only as recommended by an expert.
Generic Hyzaar contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention. Losartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Losartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.
Generic Hyzaar is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to lower the risk of stroke in certain people with heart disease.
Take Generic Hyzaar exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Take Generic Hyzaar with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Hyzaar: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. In rare cases, Hyzaar can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure.
Call your doctor right away if you have unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, unusual tiredness, and dark colored urine.
Stop using Generic Hyzaar and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- eye pain, vision problems;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- urinating less than usual, or not at all;
- drowsiness, confusion, mood changes, increased thirst, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling).
Less serious Generic Hyzaar side effects may include:
- stomach pain;
- back pain;
- dizziness, tired feeling;
- skin rash;
- runny or stuffy nose, sore throat; or
- dry cough.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Generic Hyzaar may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Hyzaar.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while you are taking Hyzaar, unless your doctor has told you to.
Before taking hydrochlorothiazide and losartan, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- any other blood pressure medications;
- steroids (prednisone and others);
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- celecoxib (Celebrex) or valdecoxib (Bextra);
- cholestyramine (Prevalite, Questran) or colestipol (Colestid);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater);
- a barbiturate such as amobarbital (Amytal), butabarbital (Butisol), mephobarbital (Mebaral), secobarbital (Seconal), or phenobarbital any other diuretics, ethacrynic acid (Edecrin), furosemide (Lasix), hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril),
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), diclofenac (Voltaren), diflunisal (Dolobid), etodolac (Lodine), flurbiprofen (Ansaid), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis), ketorolac (Toradol), mefenamic acid (Ponstel), meloxicam (Mobic), nabumetone (Relafen), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), piroxicam (Feldene), and others;
- a muscle relaxer such as baclofen (Lioresal), carisoprodol (Soma), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), dantrolene (Dantrium), metaxalone (Skelaxin), or methocarbamol (Robaxin), orphenadrine (Norflex), or tizanidine (Zanaflex);
- a narcotic medication such as hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin), hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Palladone), levorphanol (Levo-Dromoran), meperidine (Demerol), methadone (Methadose), morphine (Kadian, MS Contin), oxycodone (OxyContin), or propoxyphene.
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with hydrochlorothiazide and losartan. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use.