What should I know about Cabergoline
Cabergoline sold under brand Dostinex and others, an ergot by-product, is a potent dopamine receptor agonist on D2 receptors. Dostinex is used to treat high levels of prolactin hormonal agent in your body. High levels of prolactin in females can trigger symptoms such as undesirable chest milk and also missed menstruation periods and can trigger trouble conceiving. High levels of prolactin in males could create symptoms including enlarged breasts as well as decreased sex-related ability/desire. Dostinex (Cabergoline) is an ergot medicine as well as works by blocking the launch of prolactin from the pituitary gland. You should take exactly as suggested by your physician. Your doctor will certainly do examinations making certain you do not have heart disease that would certainly prevent you from securely using Dostinex. Your heart feature might likewise have to be examined making use of an electrocardiograph or ECG (sometimes called an EKG). This maker gauges electric activity of the heart. Cabergoline is typically taken twice each week for at the very least 6 months.Never take this medication daily unless your physician tells you to. Ask for emergency clinical assistance in case you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; hard breathing; swelling of your lips, face, tongue, or throat. Do not continue using Dostinex (Cabergoline) and contact your doctor urgently in case you have a major negative effects including: feeling short of breath on exertion; upper body pain, completely dry coughing or hack; feeling weak or tired, anorexia nervosa, rapid weight reduction; feeling like you may pass out; lower pain in the back; urinating much less than common or not at all; or swelling in your ankle joints.
Buying Dostinex (Cabergoline) online at our website is convenient and also quick. However you must take your therapy carefully. Even if you have currently checked out the guideline meticulously and you are sure this drug will eventially help you, constantly keep in mind to consult your physician initially.
Generic Dostinex is a dopamine receptor agonist. It works by reducing the amount of prolactin (a hormone) that is released from the pituitary gland. Generic Dostinex is used to treat a hormone imbalance in which there is too much prolactin in the blood (also called hyperprolactinemia).
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor will perform tests to make sure you do not have heart conditions that would prevent you from safely using Generic Dostinex.
Generic Dostinex is usually taken twice each week for at least 6 months. Do not take this medication every day unless your doctor tells you to.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Dostinex and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath on exertion;
- chest discomfort, dry cough or hack;
- feeling weak or tired, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- lower back pain;
- urinating less than usual or not at all; or
- swelling in your ankles or feet.
- You may have increased sexual urges, unusual urges to gamble, or other intense urges while taking this medication. Talk with your doctor if you believe you have any intense or unusual urges while taking Generic Dostinex.
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gas, indigestion, constipation;
- headache, depressed mood;
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- drowsiness, nervousness;
- hot flashes;
- numbness or tingly feeling; or
- dry mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Patients should be instructed to notify their physician if they suspect they are pregnant, become pregnant, or intend to become pregnant during therapy.
Speak to your physician if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in cabergoline or to ergot derivatives (eg, ergotamine)
- You have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You have a history of heart valve problems or certain fibrotic (scarring) disorders (eg, of the lung, heart, kidneys)
- You are taking a butyrophenone (eg, haloperidol), metoclopramide, a phenothiazine (eg, chlorpromazine), or a thioxanthene (eg, thiothixene)
- You have taken or will be taking a "triptan" (eg, sumatriptan) within 24 hours before or after taking cabergoline
Before using Generic Dostinex, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Dostinex.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- chlorpromazine (Thorazine);
- clarithromycin (Biaxin);
- droperidol (Inapsine);
- erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, and others);
- fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin);
- haloperidol (Haldol);
- metoclopramide (Reglan);
- perphenazine (Trilafon);
- prochlorperazine (Compazine, Compro);
- promethazine (Pentazine, Phenergan, Anergan, Antinaus);
- thiothixene (Navane);
- thioridazine (Mellaril);
- trifluoperazine (Stelazine); or
- any type of blood pressure medication.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Dostinex.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.