Main information about Desyrel
Trazodone, available under numerous brand names around the world including Desyrel is an antidepressant drug. It is utilized to treat anxiety. This medication might assist to improve patient's energy, mood, and appetite levels along with minimizing stress and anxiety and insomnia associated to depression. Desyrel (Trazodone) is thought to work by increasing the activity of serotonin in the brain. It is available with your physician's prescription. Typical side effects include dry mouth, feeling faint, throwing up, and headache. More severe negative effects might consist of suicide unmasking bipolar disorder, irregular heart rate, and priapism. It is uncertain if the use when being pregnant or breastfeeding is safe.
Ordering Trazodone online
Try to consult with your physician before making a decision to accept Trazodone. Even if you think the info above is enough for you to choose, medical consultation is a should to avoid severe negative effects.
Generic Desyrel is used to treat depression. It may also be used for relief of an anxiety disorder (e.g., sleeplessness, tension), chronic pain or to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Take Generic Desyrel shortly after a meal or light snack. You may need to take this medicine at bedtime, because Generic Desyrel can cause drowsiness. Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take this medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Blurred vision, constipation, decreased appetite, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, general body discomfort, headache, incoordination, light-headedness, muscle aches/pains; nausea, nervousness, sleeplessness, stomach pain, stuffy nose, swelling of the skin, tiredness, tremors.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blood in urine, chest pain, fainting, hallucinations, irregular heartbeat, light-headedness when rising from a lying or seated position; prolonged, inappropriate, or painful erections; seizures, shortness of breath, stroke, vomiting. Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, weakness, low blood pressure, vomiting, penis erection that is painful or prolonged, slow heart rate, rapid or irregular pulse, seizure (black-out or convulsions), or breathing that slows or stops. Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
- An overdose of Generic Desyrel can be fatal when it is taken with alcohol, barbiturates such as phenobarbital, or sedatives such as diazepam (Valium).
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to Generic Desyrel.
Before using Generic Desyrel, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- bipolar disorder (manic depression); schizophrenia, or other psychiatric illness; a history of drug abuse or suicidal thoughts; or if you have recently had a heart attack.
- If you have any of these conditions, you may not be able to use Generic Desyrel, or you may need dosage adjustments or special tests during treatment.
Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Generic Desyrel; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness. Contact your doctor at once if new, worsened, or sudden symptoms such as depressed mood; anxious, restless, or irritable behavior; panic attacks; or any unusual change in mood or behavior occur. Contact the doctor right away if any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions occur.
Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Generic Desyrel before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
Trazodone may rarely cause a prolonged, painful erection. This could happen even when you are not having sex. If this is not treated right away, it could lead to permanent sexual problems, such as impotence. Contact your doctor right away if this happens.
If you need to have any type of surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using Generic Desyrel.
You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time. It may take up to 2 weeks of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 2 weeks of treatment. You may need to take Generic Desyrel for several weeks or months to control your depression symptoms.
Before taking Generic Desyrel, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs: an HIV medicine such as indinavir (Crixivan) or ritonavir (Norvir); an antibiotic such as ketoconazole (Nizoral) or itraconazole (Sporanox); digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps); seizure medicine such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Tegretol) or phenytoin (Dilantin); warfarin (Coumadin); or if you have taken an MAO inhibitor within the past 14 days, such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam), or tranylcypromine (Parnate). You may not be able to take Generic Desyrel, or you may require special monitoring during treatment if you are taking any of the medicines listed above.
Store Generic Desyrel at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C) in a tight, light-resistant container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Protect from temperatures above 104 degrees F (40 degrees C). Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Generic Desyrel out of the reach of children and away from pets.