Clonidine (trade names Catapres, Kapvay, Nexiclon, Clophelin, as well as others) is a medicine made use of to treat hypertension, focus deficiency hyperactivity condition, anxiety problems, tic disorders, withdrawal (from either alcohol, opioids, or smoking), migraine, menopausal flushing, looseness of the bowels, and also specific pain conditions. Reducing hypertension assists protect against strokes, cardiac arrest, and also kidney issues. Clonidine comes from a class of medications called central alpha agonists that act in the mind to lower high blood pressure. It functions by loosening up blood vessels so blood could move more quickly. Clonidine is typically taken in the morning and also at bedtime. If you take different dosages of this medicine at each dosing time, it could be best to take the bigger dosage at bedtime. Clonidine could be taken regardless of taking food.Do not squash, eat, or break an ER tablet. Swallow it entire. Inform your physician if you have difficulty ingesting the tablet. Obtain emergency medical help in case you have any signs of serious allergies. Notify your doctor without delay in case you experience a serious side result including: rapid or battering heartbeats; a really slow heart rate (less than 60 beats per min); sensation brief of breath, also with mild physical effort; tumefaction, rapid weight gain; distraction, hallucinations; high temperature, light skin; urinating less than typical or not at.
Getting Clonidine online at our site is very convenient and very painless. However you must take your therapy very seriously. Attempt to consult with your physician before deciding to purchase it. Even if you think the information above is enough for you to choose, medical talk is a must to prevent severe side effects.
Clonidine is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). It is sometimes used together with other blood pressure medications. It is also used to treat some pain conditions, ADHD and anxiety/panic disorders.
Clonidine treats high blood pressure by stimulating α2 receptors in the brain, which decreases cardiac output and peripheral vascular resistance, lowering blood pressure. It has specificity towards the presynaptic α2 receptors in the vasomotor center in the brainstem. This binding decreases presynaptic calcium levels, and inhibits the release of norepinephrine.
Use Clonidine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you. Dosage of this medication may change during treatment depending on the severity of your condition and the progression of your illness.
Inform your doctor and surgeon that you are taking this medication before you go in for any surgical procedure or medical test. Do not stop taking this medication without first speaking to your doctor, as suddenly halting treatment may worsen your condition.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Clonidine: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Clonidine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- a very slow heart rate (fewer than 60 beats per minute);
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- fever, pale skin;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- numbness or cold feeling in your hands or feet;
- feeling like you might pass out; or
severe skin irritation, redness, swelling, burning, or blistering where the patch is worn.
Before using Clonidine, tell your doctor if you have heart disease or severe coronary artery disease, a heart rhythm disorder, a history of heart attack or stroke, or kidney disease.
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or plan on becoming pregnant before taking this medication.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Before using Clonidine, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Clonidine.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- digitalis (digoxin, Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps);
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip), doxepin (Sinequan), Generic Nortriptyline (Pamelor), and others;
- a beta-blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin, Tenoretic), carvedilol (Coreg), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), sotalol (Betapace), and others;
- a calcium channel blocker such as diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), felodipine (Plendil), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others;
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), clozapine (Clozaril, FazaClo), fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin), haloperidol (Haldol), olanzapine (Zyprexa, Symbyax), perphenazine (Trilafon), prochlorperazine (Compazine), risperidone (Risperdal), thiothixene (Navane), trifluoperazine (Stelazine), and others; or
- any other drugs to treat high blood pressure or heart problems.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Clonidine.
Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra doses to make up the missed dose.
Keep medication in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.